Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Oh My Stars!

Well - I guess everything is being affected by the price of gas. My precious double bundle newspapers have gone up by $1.00 to $3.00 - Boo Hoo! I truly can't believe how expensive things are right now.
I generally always coupon shop, but needed a few ingredients today that I had no coupons on! Sticker Shock! Now I know why I stock up when stuff is cheap. I spent almost $6.00 cabbage? That is just crazy! I know we are all feeling the price crunch.
So today I offer a frugal tip. Utilize CVS and their Extra Care Bucks program! Learn it - Love it. This week is an excellent week to start. Look at the front page of the ad. Do you see what I see...Bounty and Charmin. We all need this right? On a side note -if going "Green" ever involves getting rid of toilet paper - I am so out. I must have toilet paper. Ok - back to the topic at hand.....Use the P&G coupons from this past Sunday - and earn yourself $10 in ECB to use next time. For more in depth explanations - go to moneysavingmom.com! Happy Shopping.

2 comments:

One woman, three boys! said...

Time to get frugal. We have been keeping close to home when we do go out and drawing those shades down on the sunny side of the house and leaving the other ones up for some light. I've also adjusted the temp and few degrees higher than the norm during the day and use the ceiling fans more. Thinking about getting a moped with a good basket for runs to Tom Thumb! ")

Suz said...

Thanks Stephanie, I am so lost on those Extra Care Bucks! I have $2 of them on my little receipt, but didn't know how to use them. I couldn't find the Alavert at our CVS, D uses that!