Friday, December 21, 2007
Let us all be like children with their joy and happiness!
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Oh and for those who wanted the report on the Turkey - it Did ROCK, despite ourselves. When we were taking it off the sitting device it broke in half...and then we found the giblet back stuffed inside still. Apparently leaving the giblet bag inside the turkey during cooking is a right of passage of sorts.
Friday, November 30, 2007
All my pretty onions came out and bird was flopping about on arm....Very sad sight. Being the determined girl I am, I tried again. This time I went as fast as humanly possible. Loaded bird onto right arm, holding onions in with fingers, moved device and plop! Now my bird is not as pretty as the box and is kinds lop sided, but I did it!
See picture below:
So then I tried to straighted the bird up and it looked like she was going to walk away - Please see exhibit 2 below - "Walking Turkey."
But Alas I decided she looked ready for the oven. Getting her in there was a fun time too. Bean just watched me and said "Mommy that is not going to fit." And yes it did not - but I finally got the second shelf out and got the bird in.
I am victorious! Now hopefully this will be some Rockin Good Turkey!
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Welcome to the 2007 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! You know the drill. Don't be a scrooge! Fill it out, pass it on.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate, but I did just try the new Starbucks Peppermint White Hot Chocolate Mocha and it will make you say “Hot Toddy” It is so GOOD! I need one right now!
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree?
Both – depends on how busy Santa is
3. Colored or white lights?
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No – gotta protect the cat
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Day after Thanksgiving usually – but this year they are still not up yet ;)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Date Nut Rock Cookies (I know sounds gross – but they are sweet to your mouth)
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
My Dad decided that he was tired of us kids getting up at 5 am or earlier every year to open presents and check out Santa stuff…so he decided to wrapping paper the hallway shut until they (my parents) were ready to get up and had the camera engaged. If said wrapping paper barrier was broken we were busted. We tried getting our cats to break it down to no avail. They knew better.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Second grade or so…I snuck downstairs and saw them putting together toys…..I was said, but I also felt loved cause my parents went to all that effort for us! At least I knew why they were so dog tired every Christmas morning.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Not usually, but sometimes we do
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
With everything you can imagine…I collect Gingerbread men and woman so I try to buy a new one for my addition every year….Roon has an entire set of silver plated ornaments from when we was growing up that his Mom collected.
11. Snow: Love it or hate it?
LOVE IT, also.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes – but I can’t go backwards
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Oh I can’t pick just one.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Celebrating Jesus & being with loved ones!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Driving to see Christmas lights
17. What is on top of your tree?
When it goes up there will be an Angel.
18. Which do you like best giving or receiving?
Both – But I love seeing the joy in people’s face when they open their gifts
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
The Carpenters Christmas CD – ALL OF IT – EVERY SINGLE SONG OF IT! I also like Perry Como’s “Do you hear what I hear”
20. Do you like candy canes?
Yes – but I have Overdosed on hard candy during my surgery non-eating fast…I was allowed to suck on hard candy – so I will probably pass on the canes this year.
21. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
A Christmas Story and while not a Christmas movie Die Hard – it is always on TBS and I always have to make sure that Bruce Willis really gets everyone out of that building safely. I also really love all the cheesy ABC Family Movies…anything with the former cast of 90210 says Oscar ya know.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Friday, November 23, 2007
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
As Thanksgiving approaches, I am reflecting on all that I am blessed with and hold dear. This past week has been rather stressful, and quite frankly tough on all our family. But, if it were not for the hard times, I don’t think the good times would be appreciated nearly as much. Thank y'all for all your prayers about my surgery, for the Bean and for my scratched cornea….still not sure how I managed to scratch my eyeball in recovery??
I am thankful for:
- For my Faith in Jesus (he sustains me in my greatest times of need)
- I have a wonderful and adoring husband (granted this past week has pushed him over his care taking capacity)
- I am a Mommy (it is my greatest joy and privilege)
- I am a daughter (I have learned that I am loved unconditionally)
- For Family (the older I get – the more I realize how much I appreciate them)
- I am a friend (I hold my girlfriends dear to my heart)
- For Music (music takes me to certain times in my life and captures memories for me)
- For food – (cause y'all know I like to eat)
- For health (having been not feeling well these past few days – Wow – it is a blessing to feel well)
- For Hope, Joy and Faith….they are what bring happiness to our home!
Happy Happy Thanksgiving!
Monday, November 12, 2007
Thanks Christine - you rock!
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
- Wow this house has a lot of stairs (as she tries to force herself in said house)
- I like your dogs, I have a dog, her name is Alex
- I can't tell your dogs Happy Halloween as they are not dressed up
- How many pieces of candy can I have
- Your house smells
It is funny what kids say.
Saturday, November 3, 2007
Thursday, November 1, 2007
- Only You, Joshua Radin
- Heavenly Day, Patty Griffin
- The Way I Am, Ingrid Michaelson
- Bubbly, Coco
- Gravity, You Are I Am
- Come Out of the Shade, The Perishers
- Somebody's Me, Enrique Iglesias
- Sitting, Waiting, Wishing, Jack Johnson
I LOVE that Enrique song!! I saw it on the TV show "How I Met Your Mother." That show is hilarious...if you don't watch you should...it is Legend (wait for it) Dairy!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
- Dreamed about CVS (I blame my sister for this - you Extra Care Bucks addict)
- Considered buying those shoes with the wheels on the bottom - boy I could cruise thru Kroger on those bad boys
- These are just some of my random thoughts for today. Hope your day is blessed with fun and happiness!
Monday, October 29, 2007
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
If you see a bug on someone or something, calmly approach said bug, and blow. Yes, because apparently the gale force winds emitted by your own breath, paralyze the bug with fear and it retreats into permanent hiding. There it is – I am so proud!
I did not realize why she tried to spit or blow on bugs till a couple weeks ago. I was at the park with friends and there was a giant ant on my friend. I told her, ever so calmly of course, and she gave me the terror look, “Get it off.” So I did what any good friend does, I blew on it. Thankfully another friend intervened and removed mutantly large ant from said friend. Then everyone laughed….and I realized I blow on bugs, therefore I taught Bean to do this.
For those of you who know me well, you know I have issues with bugs. Growing up on the Texas coast, in the land of flying cockroaches, I learned from an early age how to run and barricade yourself in your room, stuffing a giant towel under the door, so said giant roach could not get you. Thankfully, my Mom, is a bug master. She can catch a flying roach in her hand toss it out the door and not even blink. It is a gift I tell you – a gift that my Mom did not pass to me. Guess which parent I got my fear from…hint – it is not my Mom – the bugslayer! Yeah – Dad you know it is you! Hint – don’t ask my Dad to remove said bug from your shirt – you are better off asking me!
When bugs have wings – well they scare me. Spiders (for the most part) are not going to fly at the room and get me. Those dumb flying roaches will. Thankfully, most of the roaches where we live now do not fly…but I do look closely…just to make sure I don’t see any wings. So the moral to this story is this: If you have a bug on you and need to be rescued, only turn to me if you are truly desperate. I may blow on the bug or shriek like a cat, but I will get the job done for a friend.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Thursday, October 18, 2007
I had my consult today.
I have been praying that God give me direction and guide my path. I am quite frankly a little scared about having more surgeries.
I was praying the other day and asked God to clearly tell me what to do. I even (ah-hem) suggested a text message would be nice. You never know – God is almighty!
So I had my consult today and my Dr. is just awesome. While he was consulting with us he said that he understands how hard it is on us to get so far and then stop – and do it all over again. He want’s us to finish this race. Then he said something that was kind of profound. He said “God does not want you to not do IVF and these stumbling blocks are just part of the process….this is not God not telling you not to do this” In so many words…of course he said – “you know I am not God – but that is how I feel.”
I was kind of floored the Dr. said all this, because one of the questions I was going to ask the Dr is “What does your gut say about us doing IVF?” When we adopted Bean in was so clear that God had us on that path to Russia at that time for a specific child. Our Dr. has an adopted child and bio child – so he understands how wonderful adoption is. He knows that we desire a family and are considering what path we need to pursue.
So what does this mean? We are still processing it all. The Dr. wants to do a double surgery a hysteroscopy and a laparoscopy. He needs to get to the fibroids (although they could be polyps) and get those out. Then he wants to go in and check my belly/abdomen and ovaries. He said that this is all medically necessary and it will clean me up and get us ready for IVF. Just as a reminder I am dealing with ruptured appendix (destroyed my fallopian tubes, had to have them removed), advanced endometriosis (I have had since I was 14 years old), Pelvic Adhesion Disease (my organs and stuff just stick together because of all the scar tissue and such) and the newest addition fibroids and/or polyps.
I ask you to pray for us specifically:
- Guidance and direction
- Insurance will pay for surgery and cover it as all in network
- My health and safety before/during and after surgery
- That there are no more surprises during surgery and that things look good down there with my ovaries and uterus
- Our finances
- Roon and Bean while I am having surgery and recovering
- This is unrelated – but our animals are having health issues. Beauty (our cat) is in pre-renal failure and is not eating her prescription cat foods and Alex is having allergies and losing hair
Thanks – yall are the best!
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Friday, October 12, 2007
Thursday, October 11, 2007
I took Bean to the mall for a pretzel. We parked in front of Build A Bear (mommy mistake #1). Bean took great joy in running to the window to shop for a potential new friend. I told her we would come back on our way to the car (mommy mistake #2). We ate said cinnamon pretzel (oh how we likey) and returned to car where I was reminded we needed to go inside Build A Bear and we did (mommy mistake #3). And then I succumbed to the glitter and dazzle of it all. I admit I was just as excited as Bean about outfitting that gorgeous white and pink stuffed poodle. Bean triumphantly ran through the store grabbing purses and boots and hair accessories...oh boy! I told her just one outfit and above is the result. Meet Sissy (named by bean), the newest member of our family. I did have a coupon - so that gave me a little bit of peace about spending the $28.00. I never knew the joys of Building a Bear or a poodle, or bunny (Grandma build a bunny with her a couple years ago). And now I do, and that is no mistake - Build a Bear I heart you!
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
If you want to get in on the next swap click here!
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Sunday, my back when spastic when I got a pinched nerve in my neck. Having been there done this, I new I needed to get to the Dr. ASAP before complete and utter lock up occurred. I went to the after hours care, and saw a Dr. on call who gave me a muscle relaxer and pain medication. Boy – did I need those.
Monday morning, I was starting to feel better as I went to my Saline Sonogram. I had completely forgot (blocked out due to not wanting to remember) I had this same sonogram done in 2003. Happy – Happy Joy Joy, oh these are just plain wonderful, NOT! Anyways, as the Doctor and Nurses were doing there thing, I noticed their expressions and knew something was up. Sure enough, they tell me what a good patient I am (now I know for sure something is up) and that they will be back after they review the pictures. I knew bad news was coming.
The nurse comes back in and tells me, that they have found something new inside my uterine cavity – Fibroids! WHAT!!!!!!!!! Seriously, how is this possible? She told me that my “saving grace” concerning the fibroids was the fact I am on the pill continuously. They would probably me much worse otherwise. Thus now I have Endometriosis, damage from my Appendix rupturing, scar tissue from all my surgeries, no fallopian tubes and fibroids that I am fighting against. I know that none of this is “my fault”, but I hurt about it just the same. I hurt for Roon most of all. He is a super trooper and has been with me through all of this.
What does this mean now? We are not sure. The Dr. wants to do another surgery (a hysteroscopy) to remove the fibroids. I will know more in a few weeks after I have our next Dr.’s appointment. Please keep us in your prayers. My back is finally starting to feel better so that is good news - but I am still pretty sore.
The journey is hard, but in the end I know that there is something great in store. It just sucks to go through all of this. Deep down (and I mean way deep) I know this is making me stronger. Right now I am a little fragile, so please bear with me if I cry at a moment’s notice. This too shall pass….
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Just to take yall back, I was sick and hospitalized multiple times between the ages of 14 and 15. On my third ER run, they admitted me to the hospital and decided to keep me until they figured it all out. I had exploratory surgery and was told I had endometriosis….back then nobody really knew what that was. Basically my Dr. told me that when I get pregnant it will go away and take these birth control pills and things will be better. And they were, except for the chronic cysts and pain I had because of it. I managed fairly well – feeling a lot better than I was – and I have a high pain tolerance – so I could deal with it. Then while I was a freshman in college, my appendix ruptured on Easter morning.
I learned in 2003, that my appendix rupturing had actually destroyed my fallopian tubes, not my endometriosis. We moved forward to have the tubes removed as we were ready to start IVF. After they were removed, I felt better than I had in years. As it turns out they were infected still – so it was a great move by my Dr. I felt better, but we knew it was not the time for IVF. We felt we were at a crossroads and we knew our path was being prompted by God. We did not go back for IVF, instead, we researched adoption agencies at began the very emotional process of adoption.
I can not put into words as I can’t capture the raw emotion, the love and the blessing that our daughter brings to our lives. Thank God, for all those path changes, for the fertility issues, for the heartbreak for without it – we would have missed the ultimate blessing – being parents to our wonderful daughter.
I say these things, as we start the parenting path again. This time we feel is the time God has planned for us to do IVF. The doors were never shut to this path, and we feel now is our time to try. I am scared. This will be emotional, trying, time demanding and financially a strain for us – but we know the outcome – will be as God has planned for us. We pray that things go well and we are blessed again.
Please pray for us as we start this journey. It is the support of God, family and friends that sustains us now and it all these journeys we make.
Monday, September 24, 2007
- Have on 39 pairs of underwear the first day (that way I had one for each day I was there)
- Where sturdy outdoor shoes with several pairs of socks
- Where those convertible cargo pants that go from shorts to pants.
- Have on the granddaddy of them all sport bra's (I won't say any more about this)
- Have on a one piece bathing suit
- A sweatshirt hoodie - reversible - with several layered shirts on underneath
And yeah - I would look like a dork day one - but I would be living sweet day 15!
Have a great day!
Thursday, September 20, 2007
- James Blunt - All the Lost Souls, I am really digging the songs "1973" and "Same Mistake" -I do not like the song "Give me some love" -not kid appropriate at all!! Overall this is a great CD though - very mellow - good rhythms - intriguing lyrics
- Grey's Anatomy- Original Soundtrack Volume 3 - some great songs on here...Breathe In Breathe Out by Mat Kearney rocks (and his CD Matt Kearney-Nothing Left to Lose is also fabulous)
- Joshua Radin -Live Session I-Tunes Exclusive - oh this is so wonderful -love love all the songs!!!
- Timbaland presents Shock Value (I know such a digressions from above) - cool beats -
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Check it out!
If you have a Supertarget - you should go and get some cheap tuna fish. The starkist tuna (in water) is .59 cents at my Super T. Combined with the Super T coupon, it makes them .09 cents a can. Yeah Baby! Super Target puts up new coupons on their website every two weeks or so. There are some fabulous deals with these coupons. Their is a nifty coupon generator over at afullcup.com where you can print the coupons in multiples at a time.
My Super T limits be to five like items at a time with coupons - but not all do.
Friday, September 14, 2007
So - they look pretty good. Bean was watching me and layed down in the chair next to me so she could have hers done....yeah maybe in about 20 years or so!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
I was relieved it was just a poop snake in the end ;)
Monday, September 10, 2007
Saturday, September 8, 2007
(picture shows my 9 boxes of kleenex)
I know what you are thinking, in actuality; I look more like a wonder twin. Remember them “Wonder Twin powers ACTIVATE!!” I used to force my brother to do that with me while we watched hours of cartoons on Saturday Mornings. Of course when we got older – only he was allowed to be He-Man and I got to be Sheera. My poor sister had to be Battle Cat. Ok- So I Digress…..but the point here is that saving MONEY is fun! See how you can do next time you are out.
Thursday, September 6, 2007
Bean "Mommy - you see that coupon over there on the floor?"
Me "Yes Bean."
Bean "Mommy - I need to go get it."
Me "What do we do with coupons?"
Bean "We use them at the store."
Me"Do coupons save us money?"
Bean "Oh - yes Mommy!"
Start them early - so they realize the value of a dollar!
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
How did I get my total so low? I used CVS Coupons, Extra Care Dollars earned on previous shopping trips) and Manufacture Coupons. A little planning goes a LONG way my friends. If you have not gone - check out your CVS summer clearance - they had lots of goodies as evidenced by the picture above!
Have a great day!
Monday, September 3, 2007
Saturday, September 1, 2007
Alex continues to find new ways to attract attention to herself. She makes everyone laugh. Listen for Bean's commentary in the background - it is pretty funny too!
Thursday, August 30, 2007
I am having fun reading blogs and joining things. This is my first bloggy adventure. The idea is that you exchange items in specific color's to other friends on the internet. Cool - huh!
I am excited to start shopping.
Thus the apple picking was ended until all the wasps have vacated said tree.
I told Roon we would have been bad pioneers, and he commented if we were pioneers we would be on top of these things. Guess I need to work on that!
Monday, August 27, 2007
- Here is the good news – I am a SIZE TWO – ok I know what you are thinking, how in the heck is that possible. The bad news – it is only at Chico’s, where they only appear to have sizes in Size 0 – Size 3.5. If I am a size two everywhere – a lot of you reading this are in fact a negative size, because I know ya!
- Why are tops that make you look pregnant back in style again? I had these same tops back in high school (purchased from Contempo Casuals – every Mom’s nightmare of a store)? I should have just kept them.
- I think I am old – because of the above statement, what’s old is new again. I just saw leg warmers in size 3T for Bean.
- What ever happened to the store 5-7-9? Why were they called 5-7-9 when they sold all of the other normal sizes?
- Where do all my socks go?
- Why do all Mom’s count to three, 1(long pause)-2(even longer pause)-3, in order to get our kids attention?
- How come some of the hair on the model’s in the hair ad’s looks fake? Is it real hair? I wonder if it is possible to be a hair model only. New career…probably not.
- If you ask me to do the cost per unit, or savings % or discount after coupon in the grocery store – it is all good! I can bounce numbers, savings, grocery totals – in my head with mathematical precision. Just don’t ask me anything about calculus or algebra ever!
See – I told you they were random. These are the kind of thoughts that run through my mind at various moments. Have a great week!
Thursday, August 23, 2007
"Rescue Pets, Coming to the Rescue - Ahhhh, Rescue Pets!"
Seriously these cartoon songs get in your head and you find yourself humming them at various times throughout the day. Randomly I may something like "What would the map say.", "Oh Toodles.", "Dragontales, Dragontales...blah blah blah...Dragon Tales."
The people who make music for these kids shows, they are good, very good.
Go Diego Go!
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Then you hear the subtle chirping of your smoke detector, letting you know it needs battery attention. Then you drift into sleep, and the subtle becomes angry and starts beeping like a rooster crowing. So your great hubby, takes said batteries out and you drift off again, only to hear the same noise coming from down the hall. Trying not to wake up your sleeping daughter, you repeat (I mean husband repeats - while I coordinate from bed) said motions trying to balance a ladder in the dark. Ah- peace and quite yet again. Only a few short hours later, the carbon monoxide detector wants to join in the battery fun.
Oh What a night! Guess when you put all new batteries in at once - they all go out at once!
Friday, August 17, 2007
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Monday, August 13, 2007
Thursday, August 9, 2007
- The Heart of Life, John Mayer (really all his stuff is amazing)
- (You want to) Make a Memory, Bon Jovi
- Apologize, Timbaland featuring One Republic
- Hide & Seek, Imogean Heap (so amazing - flowers for the ears - LOVE THIS SONG)
- Closer, Travis
- Working Class Hero, Greenday
- Hey There Delilah, Plain White T's
- When the stars go blue, Tim McGraw (yes I have imagined this being played at Bean's wedding - I know that is a way's off)
- You Could be Happy, Snow Patrol
I warned you - very eclectic ;)
These are just a few - believe me there are more and these will change, but right now I can't get enough of these. I am really looking forward to the new James Blunt CD. I seriously played his Back to Bedlam CD every day for a very long time. Let me know what your favorite songs are right now....I love to hear new artists!
If you like period novels set back in the times of Kings and Queens you will quite enjoy her writing. I did not go in any order as I just requested another of her books from the library called, The Constant Princess, which looks to be set before both of these books. Oh Well - Great Reads in my Opinion!
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
But seriously, how cute is that little dough boy on the can.
Monday, August 6, 2007
Phil: 4:11-12....I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or want.
It is so hard to be content in this world we live in. Envy is something that I think everyone struggles with.....as our Pastor pointed out yesterday "When I focus on what OTHERS have, I miss what God has for ME."
That is some food for thought!
Friday, August 3, 2007
Dave Ramsey was quoted in there several times. Most people know how much we admire Dave's principals about money. If you have never read his books or listened to his show - we highly recommend them. I keep reminding myself of his motto, "Live like no one else, so you can live like no one else."
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
What a tasty treat I found yesterday at Walgreens. I was doing some of the great coupon deals they have this week and realized my total would be negative. Since stores don't pay you to shop there (but that would be great huh!)- I had to act quick and throw in 5 candy bars/treats to bring my total positive. This Minty Wonder was a great snack today - and fairly low calorie.
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
I started taking my first sample pack to find the ones I like. I started with the pretty package and the purple pills (purple is my favorite color). Logical analysis right? I mean I could Google prenatal vitamins and make a spreadsheet - which is what my analytical side really wants to do - but I am just trying to keep it simple.
So far they have not made me nauseous which is good. Only three more samples to try once I finish this sample pack!
Monday, July 30, 2007
Now if you have never had dinner with a film crew, producer and director following you around, well let me just say you are missing out. People everywhere stopped and asked us what was going on. It was kinda like being movie starts. Bean had to go potty and the people in the bathroom asked us if we were professional actors. HA! Now that is funny.
We had to re-do some of the scenes for filming purposes. I think we said Grace like 4 or 5 times. The kids were so well behaved, the directors were just so impressed (and yes the well behaved part is on film).
Dinner went well for the most part. Just towards the end, I noticed Bean started to get quiet - which for anyone that knows her - knows that something is not right in Bean land. She still wanted to go play outside, so we tried and then quickly turned around as she started to get sick again. Thankfully we were near bushes. She was such a trooper.....nobody would have known she was sick until the very end of our dinner. Thankfully filming was done so were able to leave.
After a long car ride home - we got cleaned up and Bean slept with Mommy. She had a fever that approached 105 and was just not able to sleep well. Thankfully - she fell asleep around 6:00 a.m. again and napped on and off Sunday.
Just as a precaution , we went to the Dr. and it looks like she just had the virus. She is moving and grooving already. Her fever seems to be gone, and we are so happy that she is better. As a parent, you just ache when your child is sick. It is heart wrenching and hard to watch them feel so bad.
Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Friday, July 27, 2007
- Get free magazines and blockbuster rentals from coke by entering their reward codes (if you don't want yours give them to me...hahaha)
- DVD's at our library (I think I mentioned that ours is online and you can request movies and they call you when they are ready for you - so cool and free)
- Signing Bean up for kid's clubs at the mall and favorite shopping spots - we get all kinds of goodies and coupons
- Freezing leftovers when I make a big batch of something yummy
- Using coupons everywhere (I heart coupons and if you don't you should)
I have a lot more to learn in being frugal so let me know your tips!
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
I told the girl that I thought Bean was a bit young for all this and she assured me they have clients younger than her in all the time. I mean she is only three...why would she need a Hannah Montana makeover with wig and all. She does not even know who that is....well maybe we could do that as a family and have some fab pics taken....
Anyways - I have a feeling Bean will want to see a lot more of this store and I see $$$$$
Make it a great day!
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
I think the key to losing weight for me are these things.:
- Exercise (I work out at the gym and am doing water walking and water aerobics in the summer)
- Not depriving myself of the foods I love
- Keeping a food journal
- Taking a "break" every 8 weeks or so from point counting
- Talking to friends who are losing weight too...you need the support system.
Anyhoo - I am so excited and can't wait to get to the normal range!
Monday, July 23, 2007
Bean looks up and says, "Yeah - Daddy you are not an alligator and you should not snap at Mommy." It was just so cute - and did cheer Roon up after that.
Friday, July 20, 2007
WHY - WHY - Right outside my gym? It is bad enough I have to smell Wing Stop every time I leave, but now this! Oh how I love the mexi-dips and chips - I heart you so!
Enough - I will be victorious and not sabotage myself! I can do this...I can do this!
But don't ya just love the irony?
Make it a great day!
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Anyhoo - this quote from the son of the main character struck a chord with me. Why is it that sometimes we hold back from our family and friends, trying to be guarded or be the "perfect person?" I dunno - just made me think that being open and real with those you hold dear is truth.
Like the timeless song says "love the ones your with." Now go show someone you care about them and don't be a stranger.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Now comes the hard part, making sure to wash hands a kabillion times a day so as not to infect the Bean, and no contacts for five days!
Oh My Goodness. This recipe is awesome. (the picture is just before it started to cook) It is from the Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook. I made this in the crockpot last time, but was unable to get the crock started before we had to dash out to a playdate for the Bean. Anyhoo, I made it on the stove and it came out awesome.
It is only 4 points for 1.5 cup servings. Love it!
I actually read a review of it on the WW boards and tried it.
Here is how to make it:
- 12 oz. turkey kielbasa cut into 1/4 inch rounds (I used the Hillshire Farm light turkey)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced ( i just put these in the Pampered Chef garlic tool and juiced them so to speak
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 medium bunch kale, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 3 cups ff chicken broth
- 1 (15.5 oz.), can of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can of great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or water (I used water)
- 1 tsp. dried basil.
In a slow cooker, place all ingredients. Stir and cover and cook on low till veggies are tender approx. 8-10 hours.
Since I was in a hurry yesterday I cooked on stove on low for almost two hours.
Monday, July 16, 2007
We went to On the Boarder (love their food) yesterday. We ordered and our food came and my steak salad greeted me with "MOO!!". Even the waitress, looked a bit scared. She sent it back to be re-made. The manager comes over and asks how we are doing, tell him about my salad, he says you must have ordered the steak salad. Yep - then he runs off and says - I am going to find out about your salad. He comes back with salad in hand and says, Miss, your salad is on me today for your wait. WOW! I love free, but I love genuine heart felt customer service just as much.
Gee- one Mexican food place I ate at once did not want to even acknowledge the fact I almost ate a rock (did chew it - ouch) that they had cooked in my beans!
Anyways, Shout Out for good customer service at On the Boarder! Now I need to do my survey and tell them how much I appreciate it!
Have a great day!
Saturday, July 14, 2007
This morning's conversation:
Bean - "Daddy, Mommy - I did not pick my nose"
Us - "That is great honey"
Bean - "Ok, I did pick my nose because I had a big booger."
Us - "Oh-Bean that is germy - yuck."
Bean - "Daddy, I ate it too."
Us - "EWWWWW!"
Bean - "ok - next time I won't do that."
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Just look at this work of art! I am just so proud. Proud of her dedication and proud she did not eat all the fish as she created this masterpiece. Now I just need to hang it out of her reach or the fish are history - glue and all!
Have a great day!
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Well no more people - I love it now! How much to you aim to save at the store each week? My personal goal is 75%, but I am happy with 50%. I try to buy items in bulk when I know they are the best price. For example, last week had 93% ff hamburger meat for a great price. I bought eight packages and vacuum sealed them in pound and half pound packages for freezing. Roon was emptying the bags and says "I am glad we are not vegetarian's!" Ha Ha...no we are not, but let's face it meat is expensive.
How do yall save money?
Here are some of my tips.
- Utilize the Internet for frugal message boards and coupon sites
- Try thegrocerygame.com - (please use me for your referral ;) It is only a $1.00 for the trial period and I think you will be pleased
- Check out couponmom.com. She has a fabulous virtual coupon organizer and a grocery deal by state section.
- Don't forget about CVS, Walgreens and SuperTarget - there are wonderful deals at these stores all the time. SuperTarget has coupons on their website which make for some amazing deals.
Do you want to save money with me? Come on you know you want to!
Have a blessed day!
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Sunday, July 8, 2007
Being frugal is something I hope to make an everyday part of our life. It is easy to spend "money" on credit cards. I hope that we make a lasting impact for generations of our family to come!
Saturday, July 7, 2007
Friday, July 6, 2007
I chose the name for my blog "Hopping with Joy" because as a little girl my Dad always called me hopper (cause I hopped in my crib) and the joy - because I strive to be a positive and uplifting person.
I am so excited. I hope to use this as a tool to stay in touch with all my friends and family!
I hope that this will be a good outlet for all my comical Mom moments. It seems as if everyday something new and exciting happens.
Blessings to you,