Oh My Goodness. This recipe is awesome. (the picture is just before it started to cook) It is from the Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook. I made this in the crockpot last time, but was unable to get the crock started before we had to dash out to a playdate for the Bean. Anyhoo, I made it on the stove and it came out awesome.
It is only 4 points for 1.5 cup servings. Love it!
I actually read a review of it on the WW boards and tried it.
Here is how to make it:
- 12 oz. turkey kielbasa cut into 1/4 inch rounds (I used the Hillshire Farm light turkey)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced ( i just put these in the Pampered Chef garlic tool and juiced them so to speak
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 medium bunch kale, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 3 cups ff chicken broth
- 1 (15.5 oz.), can of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can of great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or water (I used water)
- 1 tsp. dried basil.
In a slow cooker, place all ingredients. Stir and cover and cook on low till veggies are tender approx. 8-10 hours.
Since I was in a hurry yesterday I cooked on stove on low for almost two hours.