Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Darn you John Tesh! - EDIT I mean Al Trautwig

So, how may of you, like me, are being sucked into the vortex of Olympic coverage on NBC. No matter what the event, when I hear that soothing voice of John Tesh, I get reeled in...the struggles, the injuries, the triumphant.....As I right this, last night at 11:20 p.m., I can't pull myself away from the men's team gymnastic finals. The build up is like watching an episode of 24. I am riveted to say the least. Oh and now I am happy to report that after conquering their "Achilles heal" - barely - the U.S. will take bronze. Believe you me - John Tesh is a master at the build up. But I do give him props - his voice is so soothing - that is probably why he keeps us hooked in.

Last night I watched woman's gymnastics with Bean. She never gets scared seeing all the gymnastics flipping and tumbling. Instead she asks me "Mommy, how do they learn to do that?" Then she runs around and proceeds to imitate them......and that my friends is good times.

p.s. Update on Alex the dog. Her wound is far less swollen and red, but has not cleared up yet. Please continue to pray that it clears and she is cancer free. Thank you.

edit: Apparently Al and John sound a lot alike in my opinion!

No comments: