Thursday, September 4, 2008

Vacation Re-Cap

Our vacation was nice and relaxing with just the right amount of activity thrown in. Bean spent the week with Nana and Gramps. Roon and I headed to a wonderful B&B in San Antonio. It is a crying shame I have no pics to show you - but apparently - we take no pics of us anymore - LOL! So the camera did not come out till Sea World. Roon and I relaxed on the River Walk, went to an art museum, ate, slept, slept some more, watched DVD's and ventured to the flea market. Now I googled this flea market before we left and I have to think the people reviewing it lied. I will leave it at that. Friday we met Bean, Nana, Gramps and Annabellecus at SeaWorld. We had loads of fun and the park was not crowded at all. We got to walk right up to almost everything. We started at the Dolphins (see below) and had a great time feeding them. Bean would only view them from afar though.


Then we went to see the Pirate 4D Show. Bean was out quickly on that when the 3D bugs started shooting stuff out at us. After some quality "what can make it better time" in the gift shop - we met up with our group and headed to Shamu. That was awesome - although Bean needed to be reassured that Shamu was not coming in the stands to see us personally.
After lunch we went to the Sea Lion Show - which hands down - was the Bean's favorite. Very cute show indeed.
Here is Bean and Roon on the Shamu Express. This is the only ride that I also rode as well. Roon tackled the Steel Eel and Great White - but I was not feeling it. Ok - I have to admit that the older I get the less of a ride person I am...sniff sniff.
It was a great day all around. On Saturday we headed to a good ole fashioned Labor Day Fish Fry. Boy Howdy there was a lot of fish and people there! It was a great week - but we are all glad to be home and back in the swing of things.

7 comments:

Cindi said...

Am glad you had so much fun!!! Great pics and thanks for sharing. : )

Kathryn said...

Love the pics! Thanks for the heads up on the 3D, we will be sure to catch the sea lions when we go in a few weeks!

Leislann said...

It looks like you all had a great time. My hubby and I rode either the Great White or the Steel Eel while we were there a couple of years ago. We too realized that we were getting older and we were both a little sick to our stomachs after that.

One woman, three boys! said...

I have to say that we've seen the Shamu Express a few times ourself! Bubby LOVED it and of course rode it over and over and over and over......
We went there 3 times last year. The last time was right before Thanksgiving. No crowds at all, it was great.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Thanks for the great pictures!

Suz said...

Oh we loved Sea World! You brought back memories!

Check my blog for a freebie your friends here may like!

emmasmomma said...

Glad you guys had a great time!!!

Emma still talks about that Sea Lion show!!!