Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tunes on Tuesday

This week I wanted to review a CD I purchased a couple months back. I debated this purchase for quite a while - but am so glad I did it! Thriller – 25th Anniversary – Deluxe Edition. This takes me back to my younger years. I did not own this album, cause I was like 9 at the time, but don’t fret I did not miss out. My daycare owned Thriller (and all the good ones – Remember Xanadu?) and as our afternoon entertainment, we got to listen to all the classics, Thriller, Beat It, Billie Jean. Then during our TV sessions, somewhere between 3-2-1 Contact and Electric Company (see there was some Quality TV), we got to watch the Thriller video. Boy those were good times. My younger siblings even got to watch with me. I don’t think our parents ever knew this, but perhaps this is where our nightmares stemmed from. But alas I will not digress on our daycare anymore and will move on now.

This CD Rocks and it is MJ at his finest.

- Wanna be Startin’ Somethin’ (featuring Akon) just plain rocks. You will probably dance around your kitchen to this!

- The Girl is Mine (with Paul McCartney) is just plain sweet

- Thriller – need I say more.

So if you don’t have your LP anymore and are looking for some of the classics (with some cool re-mixes of today) – get this CD.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Yes, I remember seeing the Thriller video vividly at daycare and I was what, 4 or 5 then - scary!! Glad you got some good tunes.