The last time I went to the circus was in the early 90's while Roon and I were dating. He has absolutely no recollection of going with me - but I remember it was a big deal cause Gunther Gebel-Williams big tiger show was the bomb! I have to admit that we all enjoyed the Circus. I shelled out $12 for cotton candy. I know pick yourself up off the floor - but it did come with a commemorative hat. Thank goodness - Bean had no interest in the $20 light up and spin array of toys. She opted for a small elephant stuffed animal. The circus truly is a place for kids of all ages!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Below is from my Kroger trip. I paid $7.65 (after coupons and the mega sale discount) and earned $4.00 catalina coupons off my next order for buying the four pledge. My receipt shows a savings of $80%! Rock On!
Friday, July 25, 2008
Anyhoo -here we go!
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was working at my second job out of college doing marketing. It was a great learning experience. We were also buying our first home.
York peppermint pattie
Baked Cheetos / Chips
Fiber One Chocolate Chip Bars
To Do List
I heart to-do lists. I wish I could have a digital post it note that I could update continuously!
- Get outfit together for big make-up glam session with the girls-
- Finish paying bills-
- Look into Creative Memories Digital Scrapbook software
Jobs I Have Had
-Movie theater box office girl (fabulous job)
-Sales clerk at Lerner
-Sales clerk at Payless
-Sales clerk at Mervyns
-Employment/ Background Checker
-“Customer Service” at Ford Motor Credit (aka collections/repo job)
-Marketing at numerous places
-Project Assistant at two construction companies
-MOM (The BEST JOB of them all)
Places I Have Lived
All Over Texas
- Be sarcastic
- Worrying too much – although I have made great strides with this – Praise Jesus!
- My car is usually a disaster area – although I am working on this too!
- Asking the same thing over and over
- Over sleeping
5 Random Things People May Not Know
1. I played Clarinet while in 6 – 12th grade. I was even in a Dixieland band for a while. Please hold all the comments on how cool I am – Ha Ha!
2. I have an irrational fear of pedicures and bugs, especially the flying cock roaches of the Gulf Coast.
3. I used to not shop sales or use coupons at all!
4. I called the TV “fu” as a child
5. I really want to be on the Price of Right and play Plinko!
CD's I Would Want If Stranded On An Island:
I enjoyed listening to Hurley’s I-Pod selection on LOST and was very sad when it ran out of juice – that Hurley had some fun songs. If I don’t have an I-Pod with me and I had to pick a few – eeks, this is what they would be right now.
- Soundtrack to Across the Universe
- Greatest Hits of the Carpenters and Bee Gees
- The Cranberries, Everybody Else is Doing It So Why Can’t We?
- Some Third Day or Planet Shakers
- Soundtrack from Phantom of the Opera
- Soundtrack from Moulin Rouge
- Michael Jackson, Greatest Hits
What I'd Do If I Were A Billionaire
Buy new house and pay off credit card debt
Take care of the parents
Set up a fund for those going through adoption process
Set up a fund for people going through fertility
Donate to SPCA
Go to Russia and work with orphanages
Pay for college of all my nieces and nephew
Help friends in need
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
This week I wanted to review a CD I purchased a couple months back. I debated this purchase for quite a while - but am so glad I did it! Thriller – 25th Anniversary – Deluxe Edition. This takes me back to my younger years. I did not own this album, cause I was like 9 at the time, but don’t fret I did not miss out. My daycare owned Thriller (and all the good ones – Remember Xanadu?) and as our afternoon entertainment, we got to listen to all the classics, Thriller, Beat It, Billie Jean. Then during our TV sessions, somewhere between 3-2-1 Contact and Electric Company (see there was some Quality TV), we got to watch the Thriller video. Boy those were good times. My younger siblings even got to watch with me. I don’t think our parents ever knew this, but perhaps this is where our nightmares stemmed from. But alas I will not digress on our daycare anymore and will move on now.
This CD Rocks and it is MJ at his finest.
- Wanna be Startin’ Somethin’ (featuring Akon) just plain rocks. You will probably dance around your kitchen to this!
- The Girl is Mine (with Paul McCartney) is just plain sweet
- Thriller – need I say more.
So if you don’t have your LP anymore and are looking for some of the classics (with some cool re-mixes of today) – get this CD.
Monday, July 21, 2008
And guess what else they are doing? A new 90210 and Brenda, Kelli and Donna are all coming back. I was a HUGE 90210 and Melrose Groupie. 90210 class graduated (I believe) the same year as I did - so we were bonded. I know it is silly - but heck - I think I might just have to watch it to see if they are still cat fighting. I know it will be focused on the next generation, but still - the Peach Pit and Nat, how can you resist that?
So any 90210 or NKOTB fans out there?
Saturday, July 19, 2008
- Bean got to build a free birdhouse with Daddy at the Home Depot. She also got an adorable orange home depot apron, certificate of completion and pin. She loved it!
- I won a movie ticket from the Subway game online.
- I received a free canvas tote bag from World Market (signed up online to get their e-mails)
- Won a $100 Travelocity Gift Certificate by playing the International Delight Flavor Race
I feel like the Dad in a Christmas Story waiting for his grand prize (leg lamp)! WOO HOO!
Friday, July 18, 2008
I asked what he thought about IVF and he said if we want to we should still do it. I was kind of hoping for a yes or no type answer, cause this being in limbo over IVF is no fun. So that is the update and I really do appreciate the support!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Roon got up dressed, I got up but the thought of dragging Bean at 2:00 a.m. was so hard. I decided to try to tough it out for another hour - and I think about 3:00 a.m. I was finally able to sleep as the pain started to subside. I am guessing I had a cyst and it ruptured at some point. It has been a LONG time since I have had this pain and I forgot just how horrible endometriosis is to have. The pain is comparable to when my appendix ruptured...so it is very hard to put in words.
I am going to the Dr. tomorrow to see what is going on. I am worried that IVF may have stirred all this up. I also worry that my body is trying to tell me that IVF is a fleeting reality for us.
Please pray that my Dr. appointment goes well and we can get this back under control.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
All of these songs can be purchased off I-Tunes! Let me know if you like any.
- Untouched, The Veronicas
- Elevator (featuring Timbaland), Flo Rida
- Lost, Anouk
- Belief, Gavin DeGraw
- Dark Waltz, Haley Westenra
- A Different Corner, George Michael
- I'm Yours, Jason Mraz
The Bean having fun with her cousin (below) and getting all dolled up above!
Friday, July 11, 2008
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
So - Here is what is playing on my Summer mix so far:
- Say - John Mayer
- Stop and Stare - One Republic
- Viva la Vida - Coldplay
- Shake It - Metro Station
- Sky - Joshua Radin (featuring Ingrid Michaelson) - **I love love love this song
- Paralyzer - Finger Eleven
- Dance Dance - Fall Out Boy
- More Time - Needtobreath (this is from the PS I Love you Soundtrack - note to guys - Roon liked this move!)
- Shadow of the Day - Linkin Park
Monday, July 7, 2008
Monday - Pork Loin, Rice Pilaf, Asparagus and Fruit Salad
Tuesday - Vietnamese-Style Chicken Salad (this is super healthy and very filling - big thumbs up form the husband) - recipe from Saving Dinner
Wednesday - Tuscan Bean and Sausage Soup
Thursday - leftovers
Friday - Chicken Casserole with a Kick
Saturday - Spaghetti with Boca crumbles
Sunday - ??
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Ya'll know I love a good deal! The Bean and her Daddy also built an adorable bird house over at the Home Depot free kids event yesterday. They had an awesome time and guess where I found out about the free even - Freebies 4 Mom! So click on over and start saving!
p.s. I googled Widget and I found out they are codes that hold data that you can move around on your blog. Now I (and you know) what they are!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
She has such a good heart and I love seeing her heart for others......