Wednesday, January 9, 2008

On a serious note....

I have had lots of people ask me about how the fertility journey. So here is an update of sorts. Sorry if this is TMI (too much information).

I am in surgical recovery for another month. My uterus is resting and I have an IUD (intrauterine device) inside of me to strengthen my cervix/uterus and prevent scar tissue from forming. There are days my body HATES that IUD and my Dr. says that is fairly normal. I am taking estrogen and progesterone pills for a two month cycle. I have a strict regimen that I am going to follow until the end of January. In February I should get the IUD out and start prepping for the March/April IFV cycle.

Please pray for me as this as been EXTREMELY hard on my body. There are days where the cramping is (almost unbearable). Roon has been very helpful and has come home from work to help me when needed. The Dr. thinks I may be having some cysts rupture also. (bad bad pain) I am more tired and a (wee bit) more moody also then normal. Additionally I am also having some bleeding issues. Please keep me in your prayers. The nurse told me this is the worst part...and to just give it time. I asked if the shots and stuff on IVF are this bad and she said No - so that gives be a brighter outlook. Waking up my reproductive system is like waking up a bear that has been in hibernation for nearly 20 years!! WOWSA - it is rough.

I know God has a path for me...

2 comments:

emmasmomma said...

You know I am praying.... hang in there...you are SOOO right, God has a path for you and it will ALL be worth it when the twins are here. HeHE!!!

Leislann said...

I am also praying for you!!! I am believing for the best! Whenever you need to talk, I am here!