Thursday, January 3, 2008

Welcome to 2008!

My 2008 motto is: Stop doubting and believe. John 20:27 Why this passage? It says it so well for me. Stop worrying about the past and "what if" scenarios and start focusing on the present and the joy in the moment!

What a 2007 we had. I have to say it was a year of ups and downs for us. Roon and I have grown as a result of all the challenges we have faced. There is truth to the statement you grow most in times of trouble.

We had a whirlwind finish to 2007 visiting with family and friends. I am blessed with amazing parents, loving siblings, awesome in-laws and wonderful friends. As we embark on the new year - lets look ahead to the amazing journeys and joys God has in store for us.

Roon and I are working on our "Vision Plan" for our 2008 goals. We like to put ours together so we both stay focused and work as a family to make our dreams come true. The list will be packed this year - Stay tuned!

Roon has outlined is first goal - which is so him "I will not supersize any meal or add on from the .99 menu to any meal" He is in a contest with some fellows to lose 40 pounds. Let's just say we both ate way to much over the holidays!

2 comments:

emmasmomma said...

I LOVE Trent's first goal....that cracks me up!!!

crayonmommy said...

I too love Trent's first goal! awesome! :) Brian also entered a biggest looser competition at work! yay! You know nothing motivates Brian quite like money!