Monday, January 21, 2008

Today I started this new book....


It is by Beth Moore (which I always hear how great her books are) and is called "Jesus 90 Days With The One And Only." I am on day one and really enjoying that it has questions and places to journal your thoughts. I also like the fact it is set up by days...I am really good at starting books..but not always finishing. I am hopeful that by having the Days outlined I will be able to read this book through the 90 days..one days at a time and reflect on each day I read. Sometimes when I read, I speed read. You know you read so fast you barely remember that you read it. I really want to read and hold "retain" let the knowledge stay with me. I want to take the knowledge and be a better wife, mom and friend. Here is to day one!
And on a special note...I saw this book before Christmas when my friend Debbie pointed it out to me...I wanted to buy it right then and there, because quite frankly I wanted it. I did not and was kind of kicking my self for it. Turns out God knew why...Debbie blessed me with the book for Christmas. It is cool that God knows the desires of our heart...big and small. Thanks Debbie!

2 comments:

The Joys of having Boys said...

I did a study of hers called "Jesus The One and Only". I wonder if it is the same basics just in book form. If it is you are in for a great journey. Even if it isn't I know Beth Moore's books and they always take you on a great journey with Jesus. Let me know how it goes.

emmasmomma said...

I did the "Jesus The One and Only " study too....it is SOOO good. I still have the workbook. Maybe sometime we could work it into a "girls" bible study....
I know you are going to love it!!